Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jalapeno Popper and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I must admit, I LOVE getting Jalapeno Poppers as an appetizer anywhere we go (if they are on the menu). Last night, not knowing what to make for dinner, I did some Google searches and ran across an amazing recipe, Jalapeno Popper and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts! They were just as delicious as they sound (and soo EASY to make) …I just had to share.
*Note: The recipe called for 4 breasts, but since there is only 2 of us, I halved it. If you want more than 2, double the ingredients.
Ingredients:
7 oz. soft cream cheese
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Jalapeno pepper
2 strips cooked bacon (chopped)- I used left over bacon from the weekend breakfast and nooked it in the microwave before chopping.
2 (6 oz.) breasts of chicken
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/8 cup vegetable oil
Directions:
1.       Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, chopped jalapeno pepper and chopped bacon in a bowl.
2.       Slice the chicken breasts down the center horizontally. (I actually cut my in half vertically also, as the meal was so filling, I got 4 portions out of 2 breasts.)
3.       Stuff the chicken with the prepared mixture.

4.      Roll the stuffed chicken in bread crumbs (doing your best to not let the filling fall out)

5.   Pour the vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the chicken breasts in the skillet (~8 min. on each side or until all the pink is gone).
6.       Enjoy!
~Ashleigh XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment