Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When it rains, It POURS!


What says “I love you” more than family coming over on their days off to suffer through RAIN and MUD and help us plant bushes and fix our sinking deck??? A special thanks to everyone that helped us this past weekend! We are SOO APPRECIATIVE!! I thought it was going to be a mission impossible after purchasing 42 bushes, but we made it happen and now our backyard looks dreamy! J (I just CANNOT wait until everything BLOOMS!)
After a few weeks of beautiful weather, we were so excited for a gorgeous weekend to be outdoors, not!
Not only did it rain, but it POURED!!
Since we live on a corner lot and back up to the main road in the neighborhood, we decided it was time to have some privacy and coverage so that not only do we stop hearing all the cars driving by, but so Lia (our pooch) potentially will stop barking at every single neighbor that walks by.

We planted 15 Cherry Laurel on the back fence like behind our currently standing forsythias. (Not sure how I feel about the forsythias, but for this summer, they are staying put.) Once the Cherry Laurels start growing they are going to make a great screen against the neighborhood ruckus!

 We also planted 22 hydrangeas inside our fence, up and down the yard on both sides. (Hydrangeas are my absolute FAVORITE flower!) *I promise to take lots of pictures and share them when they are big and colorful!*

My dad poured footers for our sinking deck, and once that mess is all cleaned up this week, I am going to plant my 5 knock out roses and some other flowers in front of the deck (Stay tuned!).

It’s amazing how some bushes and flowers can make the world of difference!
Here’s an insight on my next project... Hope you are as excited as I am!! J
~Ashleigh XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment