Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thankful

Well the weekend is coming to an end (or it least it will be in a few more hours after I finish studying some more Anatomy...). Just thought I'd write a quick post to say how appreciative I am of the life we have. Sometimes I dwell on the negative, and wish I didn't live during such an advanced age because we miss out on little things (like when there were no blogs... can you even imagine?!?!)... No seriously though, like sitting and playing cards or board games, going for walks and enjoying the little things in life. I also think how annoying it is when technology is over-powering us, and our every action. But tonight, I am not complaining.

My step-dad, one of the most important people in my life, had surgery yesterday morning, and because of the day and age we live in, he had an amazing surgeon who did a great job, and I am so thankful for the technology and skills that we have developed. I am happy to say he is well on his way to recovery, and doing very well.

I am SLOWLY learning that with all of the good, there will come the bad; but in life we need to realize how much more important the good is, and dwell on that.

So this week I challenge you all to just stop and observe, and even though most of us live in a fast-paced crazy life, take a few deep breaths, and be appreciative! I know I am!



Have a great week!

~Ashleigh XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment