Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Old Tables & Little Holiday Celebrations

Yay for Hump Day! :)
Some people like to relax when they get home from work… kick up their feet and watch some DVRed TV shows. Others like to refinish dining room tables and make festive wreaths. I think I am an “other.”
So we were given an old kitchen/dining room table from my aunt before we moved into our new home. The table originated from my dad, who I think used it prior to building his house in 1994. You get the idea of the ancientness of the table (if that’s even a word). It’s nothing fancy, an oak top with white legs, and it serves its purpose…
I decided it wasn’t our “style” so after a little bit of sanding, some shabby chic refinishing with stain and a hammer (it’s fun to beat up furniture by the way..), and a fresh coat of white paint on the legs, we got ourselves a “new “ table!
BEFORE

AFTER

If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have been a kindergarten teacher so I could change my bulletin board 12 times a year. I love holidays, I love being festive, I love arts and crafts, and I currently have little green shamrocks around my picture board at work in my office. Why not?! Holidays come and go so we may as well celebrate them! Some family is coming over on Saturday to have a “no reason” gathering, and I decided to make it Irish/Green themed, in honor of the next holiday, St. Patrick’s Day!
To keep with the theme, I made a new ribbon wreath last night.. So easy, fun and cute!
(Used a wire wreath from the craft store, but a metal clothes hanger would do too. Then tied some green and festive bows around it.) Ta Da!

I hope you feel inspired today! Can’t wait for some yummy Sangrias at Happy Hour tonight… YAY for “Almost Spring!”
~Ashleigh XoXo

1 comment: