Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Don't Wanna Grow Up!

When we are little we can’t wait til high school and we can drive. Then high school comes along and we can’t wait until college. Then we can’t wait to be in the “Real World” and have our own place to call HOME. Well I’ve made it to the “Real World” and I wanna know what I was thinking?!?! You have to wake up early, go to work (of which I haven’t been in love with lately), and you can’t just play hookie or else the bills don’t get paid. When you come home it’s picking up the house, making dinner, getting groceries, etc. etc. etc.
BORING! I wish I was 5 again! I love coloring, doing crafts, taking naps, watching cartoons, playing dress up and riding bikes outside. YUP, I want to be 5 again.
Well enough of my complaining, I guess the one good thing I have discovered about being  a “grown up” and now a new homeowner is the excitement that comes in mid-March, when flowers start blooming and allergies are in full effect (poor Prashad). I finally get to garden and design my own paradise...
We have a great corner lot with a good size front and back yard, and I am ready to put on my gardening gloves and dig in (quite literally). I have included some yard/ current “garden” pictures. There’s one thing I did NOT fall in love with at our new pad, and it was the garden, or lack there of.
Check out our current "boring" landscaping and my great inspirations of what they will be...


Our front walk...
How the walk will be...


Our current backyard fence:
My hopes of the new fencing:


Our deck (huge but boring..):
It will be a quiet, relaxing escape:


 ..For any of my blog followers that are local, I am having a planting party weekend next weekend if you feel like playing with dirt and want to come over and join in on the fun! J... Stay tuned for the "After" yard/garden pics!











~Ashleigh XoXo

2 comments: