Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Road Trip!!

What a week! I must share!...

After the stress of our housewarming party was over, I just wanted a break. We had been working on the house pretty much since we had gone to settlement (almost 2 months). I knew we had a long weekend ahead, but sitting at home wasn't going to work for me. So I told Prashad we should go to the beach for the day on Saturday, and just get away. Nothing fancy, just a break. He was down for the idea, and when I mentioned OC or Rehoboth Beach, he said they were all "too cold." Well being only a 3 day weekend, and not having tons of money to jet set, I wasn't sure what else we could do. He told me Thursday that we were leaving Saturday morning at 2AM, and to have clothes packed for warm weather, a bathing suit and a beach towel. Nothing else. No hints, no help packing, just to be ready...

So not asking too many questions, I packed my bags, had Ernie pick up Lia, and was up and ready at 2AM [with coffee of course!]. We got in the car and drove, and kept driving, and then we drove a little more. Almost 8 hours into the trip I was told we were going South of Savannah, GA. [ok, that should be warm…] We got to Savannah, and I was actually pretty excited to see a GA beach, since I had never ready stayed anywhere in GA before. We got to the exit he suggested we were taking, and never got off 95. I looked at him, dumb-founded, and he said “We’re headed to Miami.”
 

15 hours later we checked into the Royal Palm (GORGEOUS hotel in South Beach), and had an awesome night at dinner and the bars. (many bars..) Sunday we had a beach day, since I looked almost glow in the dark from the terrible Maryland cold weather, and deprived of sunshine! Prashad told me we were going to brunch at Nikki Beach, but we didn’t make it there ‘til almost 4pm. [sun bathing was just more important…]


 After a great dinner [brunch] he took me down to the ocean to just go for a “last night in Miami stroll” since it was still 82 degrees at 6:30pm. [simply amazing] He seemed kind of nervous and jittery, but I really didn’t think anything of it. He wanted to take pictures, put his feet in the ocean, “breathe in the fresh air.” [I was being a pain in the butt though because I knew our parking meter was running low.]

Then before I knew it he was on his knee, not sure what he said because his words were muffled by my heart beat. [It was happening! OMG!!] I asked him a few times if it was real, and to pinch me. [I think I said “Yes!”… I’m sure I did…] Now by this time it’s dark so I need to see the ring by the lights in the sand dunes. I couldn’t stop smiling (I still can’t)!! The rest of the Miami trip was fun, but who cared about anything else at that point! I had the man of my dreams, and the most beautiful ring on my finger. Life’s good!!! :)

~Ashleigh XoXo

2 comments:

  1. What a Beautiful story. I wish you guys the very best. You are an adorable couple. Love ya guys.

    Cousin, Shelley

    ReplyDelete